February 20, 2014

Just when you thought I disappeared forever...



Oh my. I think I'm just going to pretend that I have not ignored this blog for over a year. Nope. Didn't happen.

Not that I had nothing to post about. It has been a very eventful year (more on this in a minute). I just have a horrible track record of... well, record keeping.

And it's not like I've ignored the blog either. It has been there in my thoughts. I must have mentally written a post a week, at least. What? You're saying you didn't get those? Man, when telepathic blogging kicks in, I'll be there at the top of the list, just you wait and see.

While I'm here, I'll just give you a quick overview of my year, shall I? It can be summarized into three main events:

1. I have completed my Master's degree in biochemistry which made me, wait for it... Master of Science. It sounds waaaaay cooler than it actually is, but I'm really glad I got there.

2. We moved to Charleston, SC (yup, crossed the border, and then some), because D, now Master of Engineering, got his first real-life job here. Charleston is a beautiful city and while I sometimes miss Montreal, I am excited about living in The South. Everything is new and different... and flowers bloom in February! The world has gone mad.

3. September has brought a new addition to our tiny family! Little girl N has been a source of great joy for us and we are feeling so very lucky to have her. 

As you can imagine, I am being kept quite busy these days, but I have been itching to share some of my recent crafting adventures. With a bit of luck, I will be more present around here. That's a vague possibility promise! Maybe a post a week to begin with?

See you around!

Above is a photo we took of one of the gorgeous Charleston mansions not long after moving here. Just to clarify... that's not our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment