But first, here is a little round-up of last year's crafts along with the tutorials I used, when applicable. Maybe some of them will inspire you, too! (These photos are all mine, so please don't use them without proper credit!)
From left to right, top to bottom:
- Fabric-covered foam balls (via Whip Up). Such an easy way to get the sewn look without all the hassle!
- Glitter-covered pine cones. These are so simple to make and look stunning on the tree.
- These happy hoots (via Juicy Bits). I have no words to describe how awesome they are! I made these as presents and sewed up a parliament for our own tree.
- Pretty mushrooms from Oh the Cuteness!
- Felt matryoshka and fish ornaments of our own design (the fish was actually D's contribution)
These are all coming out of their box once our tree is up. I am so excited! I find that ornaments make such sweet keepsakes and presents: they are not cumbersome, very personal, and give joy year after year!
Happy crafting and stay tuned for some more ornaments (and my first pattern!).