August 9, 2012

1-2-3 Sticky Colour Dots

We bought a map to take on our trip in the Fall (can you guess where?). And I thought it would be a good idea to mark the places we want to visit with sticky colour dots. Only I didn't have any on hand. And I needed some right away. What, isn't marking maps with sticky dots not an urgent task at your home?

Since I couldn't settle down until this was done, I rummaged in some drawers in search of inspiration and came up with this ridiculously simple DIY. Ready? Here goes!


What you will need:
  • Wax paper (or any other non-stick paper)
  • Tape (I used masking tape, but I bet washi tape would look lovely)
  • Hole punch

How to go about it:
  • Tear (or cut, if you're more patient than I am) a piece of wax paper. 
  • Stick strips of tape onto it.
  • Take your hole punch and make holes, baby! 
Isn't it pretty?



You'll end up with a bunch of confetti. Now all you have to do is peel*** the tape off the wax paper and stick! Ta-da!


*** I have not completely thought this through. So unless you have sharp long nails and/or tons of patience (neither of which I have), peeling the wax paper off is a bit of a pain. I recommend using tweezers to pry the paper from the tape. In the future, I think it would be nice to use the back of an old sticker sheet for this. The tape should probably come off easier. Probably. 

And voilĂ ! Pretty colourful dot stickers in five minutes! I would try these with different shapes and tapes. Use for gift wrapping and greeting cards! So many possibilities!

P.S. I am very excited about this trip and can't wait to share the details with you! Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. I cheated and Googled "Takayama", but now I know where you're going I'm soooo jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait! And still so much planning left to do!

    ReplyDelete