Since I couldn't settle down until this was done, I rummaged in some drawers in search of inspiration and came up with this ridiculously simple DIY. Ready? Here goes!
What you will need:
- Wax paper (or any other non-stick paper)
- Tape (I used masking tape, but I bet washi tape would look lovely)
- Hole punch
How to go about it:
- Tear (or cut, if you're more patient than I am) a piece of wax paper.
- Stick strips of tape onto it.
- Take your hole punch and make holes, baby!
Isn't it pretty?
You'll end up with a bunch of confetti. Now all you have to do is peel*** the tape off the wax paper and stick! Ta-da!
*** I have not completely thought this through. So unless you have sharp long nails and/or tons of patience (neither of which I have), peeling the wax paper off is a bit of a pain. I recommend using tweezers to pry the paper from the tape. In the future, I think it would be nice to use the back of an old sticker sheet for this. The tape should probably come off easier. Probably.
And voilà! Pretty colourful dot stickers in five minutes! I would try these with different shapes and tapes. Use for gift wrapping and greeting cards! So many possibilities!
P.S. I am very excited about this trip and can't wait to share the details with you! Stay tuned!